Magnetic Nail Polish...by the Letter E

Today I stumbled into my neighborhood Ulta cosmetics store because my curling iron bit the dust and I needed a new one.  As I wandered through the store to get to the curling irons a display showcasing the latest magnetic nail polish fad caught my attention. I don't know if there are other brands on the market, but the one I decided to use is by a company called LAYLA and the color is #08 Velvet Groove.  Groovy name for a nail polish I guess.  I snagged the bottle for like 15.99 or so.  Quite a bit more than what I'm used to spending on a bottle of nail polish, but anything for experimentation.  :)  It comes in various colors from metallic silver to purple 'velvet groove', blues and greens.

Ok fast forward to this evening, when I actually had time to paint my nails. (rare) I followed the instructions on the bottle and painted one nail at a time and after I coated the nail with a liberal amount of polish I closed the bottle and applied the magnetic close to the nail without touching it for about 10 seconds....the bottle says 5, but I didn't notice much of a change so I waited 10 and had better results.  The end result is a really cool looking almost holographic effect on each nail.  I was impressed...impressed enough to blog about it.  So go spend the money because this is one nail polish that is actually worth the money.  Once you finish all of your nails you can apply a clear coat and they'll  look amazing!

I think the only drawbacks to this polish are:

1. The price.  15 BUCKS!! OUCH.  Make it cheaper...it's nail polish...not an entire manicure complete with paraffin soak!

2. If you accidentally hold the magnet TOO close you can accidentally touch your wet nail and ruin the paint job and have to remove it all and start over.  I did this a few times in my haste to see results.

Other than the afore mentioned issues this is a great buy for anyone that loves to have unique fun designs on their nails.
Great effect for someone who rarely paints their nails. :)


If you'd like to know more...here's the site that can tell you everything you need to know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ad Agencies and Social Media: Is there a disconnect?

Ello.co : A welcome change to the social media landscape

Skype...by the Letter E