Skype...by the Letter E

I learned a new skill today.  Well not new per se, but new perhaps to my technical capabilities since I haven't had to use it until today. I had my first online job interview utilizing the Skype platform.  I have used the face time app on my iphone before so it's not like this type of communication is completely foreign to me, however today was the first time that I had an actual...er..virtual face to face meeting with a recruiter.  As a kid I used to watch episodes of star trek or cartoons where people communicated face to face via their watch communicators or computer screens.  I think it's amazing that that technology is now here and is quickly becoming the normal more convenient way of doing business.  It was a quick conversation about the details of my resume, with the occasional blip in reception but over all it was a decent conversation using the technology.  I'm looking forward to calling everyone now, although I may want to take a few minutes to 'freshen up' these days.  I suppose the days where I could just answer the phone on a whim and dressed in whatever are now a thing of a past.  

So I've been here in Austin now for about a month and a half and I keep hearing all around me how the job market here is pulsating with energy.  I have yet to see it, or feel it in my arena but resume's are flying out at a record pace.  It's difficult not to be discouraged by the onslaught of rejection that comes after a marathon job search and submittal evening.  It seems that they arrive shortly after I submit them these days.  I'm almost certain that there must be some sort of resume gremlin waiting for the arrival of my resume in particular just to hit the 'reject' button.   I have tailored each resume to each specific job I've applied for to enhance the skills that they require that I have used in previous positions.  Time consuming, but many say it's worth the extra effort.  I know that the tide is changing and things are going to get better, but I can't help to wonder when.  Tempus Fugit.  Best of luck to all of you still looking, and to those that have already found something amazing I hope you do well!  

~This blog was brought to you today by the Letter E  
Sieze the day!
Elaine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ello.co : A welcome change to the social media landscape

Ad Agencies and Social Media: Is there a disconnect?

Online Grammar repost...by the Letter E